Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Look What I Made...

I've had this tray for awhile ok a really long time. It just sat in the back room for most of the time doing nothing. I got it in an op shop which I think I paid $2 for. I finally cleaned out the rooms and this is one item that was going to go to a garage sale. So I think it went to 2 of them and never sold. I saw it at Mum's latest garage sale and grabbed it as I had an idea in my head of something I wanted to do with it. So this is my first repurpose of an item I've ever done.

This is the tray before:


This is the tray after:


Gave it a clean, then a few coats of paint. Then I applied gel medium to the base of the tray laid my birdie paper on it. Then applied the gel medium all over to seal it and give it shine. Its still kinda wet in the after photo. But I am very happy with my handiwork.





No comments:

Post a Comment